No sound from my computer speakers / headphones
First check the basics:
- Make sure your speakers/headphones are plugged firmly into the correct port on your computer.
- If using speakers, make sure they are turned on.
- Also check the sound on your computer is not muted.
Next check these points:
- Some computers get confused if more than one set of speakers/headphones is plugged in at the same time. Try only having one pair of headphones (turn off any speakers) or only one set of speakers (unplug headphones and turn of any additional speakers).
- Some computers get confused if you have multiple audio drivers installed on the computer. Musiah by default will use whatever audio driver is set as the default for the Operating System. So if you are trying to hear the sound on a pair of speakers that you normally use with an audio driver other than the your Operating System's default audio driver, this could be the issue.
- Musiah is not designed to be used with external audio hardware (e.g. an mbox) as this can contribute to latency issues. If you are trying to hear the sound via an external audio device, this will not work. You need to connect your speakers/headphones directly to your computer.
If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.