Free Virtual Piano Keyboard Now Included In Musiah Piano Lessons Software
Great News — If you would like to try Musiah's piano lessons before deciding to purchase a MIDI keyboard, there's a now a top new feature included in the Musiah piano lessons software — a Free Virtual Piano Keyboard.
Put simply, this great Virtual Piano Keyboard enables you to play piano notes using your computer keyboard.
Note: While you don't need a real MIDI keyboard to try our terrific piano lessons, I recommend using our built-in Virtual Piano Keyboard only as a temporary solution.
Once you have tried a few lessons, if you decide that you would like to continue, I suggest buying a real MIDI keyboard as soon as possible for the optimal learning and playing experience.
For advice on what to look for when choosing a real MIDI keyboard please see our MIDI Keyboard Info.
Whether you're interested in our Virtual Piano Keyboard, our piano lessons or both — simply take our Free Online Piano Lessons 14 Day Trial to experience the joy of making piano music right now.
How To Use The Virtual Piano Keyboard In Musiah's Piano Lessons
To open the VIrtual Piano Keyboard, in either the Lesson Area or the Practice Area (in the Musiah app), click 'View', then 'Virtual Keyboard'. When opened, the Virtual Keyboard looks like this:
To enable the Virtual Keyboard, place a check in the 'Enabled' check box.
If you press some keys on your computer keyboard, you should hear the sound of the currently allocated Musiah virtual instrument coming from your computer speakers / headphones.
To disable the Virtual Keyboard, simply uncheck the 'Enabled' check box.
1) The keyboard will only make sound if the green 'Active' light is showing. In certain situations where a keyboard response is not appropriate, the keyboard becomes inactive (in which case the 'Active' light turns off). For example, in some lesson modules the student is required to respond using the mouse / touchscreen. In this case, the Virtual Keyboard will become inactive until the next lesson module that requires a keyboard response.
2) You can close the Virtual Keyboard by clicking the 'X' and the Virtual Keyboard will still remain enabled. You just won't be able to see it until you once again click 'View', then 'Virtual Keyboard'.
3) The triangle makes the keyboard smaller / larger.
4) The keyboard is draggable. For example, you may wish to move it to the bottom right of the screen so it will be out of your way.
5) The Virtual Keyboard has two layouts. 'White Keys' is the default layout. It displays several octaves of white keys. The 'Black & White Keys' layout displays fewer octaves, but includes black keys. This layout is suitable for pieces that contain sharps and / or flats (these are typically more advanced pieces).
6) The range of piano keys can be customized for each row of characters on your computer keyboard. For example, clicking 'C' or '2' at the left side of the keyboard opens a list of letter-names and octaves that you can select.
7) Please be aware that the Virtual Piano Keyboard is not intended to be used on its own, i.e. outside the Musiah Piano Lessons Software.
Default Hand Positions for the Musiah Virtual Piano Keyboard
Placing your hands on your computer keyboard as shown in the above image will enable you to play many of the early pieces on the Musiah piano course without having to move your hands around.
How to answer questions or play notes outside the note range covered by the default hand positions
In Lesson 01 there is a question: “Play the C above middle C”. To do this, press the “A” key on your computer keyboard.
Also in Lesson 01 there is a question: “Play all 5 C’s on your keyboard”. To do this, press the following keys (in order) on your computer keyboard: 1 Q I A Z.
In Lesson 30, you will need to play the C above middle key. In this instance, I recommend using the “A” key on your computer keyboard.
What if I'm not a Musiah piano student?
If you take our FREE Online Piano Lessons 14 Day Trial, you will have access to both our lessons and the Musiah VIrtual PIano Keyboard for the duration of the free trial.
This way you can have fun trying out the VIrtual Piano Keybaord — AND you can also try out Musiah's fantastic piano lessons as well — completely FREE for 14 Days.
There is absolutely no risk, no cost and no obligation to continue lessons beyond the 14 day trial, so go on... what are you waiting for?
P.S. If you found the information in this article helpful, please share it with others by putting a link to it on your facebook page, blog or website.
Please — Tell your friends / relatives about Musiah
Earn cash rewards with our Referral Rewards Program
Affordable Piano Lessons
Video Presentation: Online Piano Lessons — A Fun Way To Learn Piano 16 Times Faster
What Is A Real Piano Lesson?
Learning Piano Online — A Musiah Review by a Mom from Utah U.S.A.
Learning To Play Piano Online With Musiah: Review By A Teacher
Musiah Online Piano Lessons For Adults Review
Musiah Online Piano Lessons For Kids: Review By Father Of 5
Musiah Online Piano Lessons Review By A Dietician
Musiah Online Piano Lessons Review By An Adult Student and Mum
Musiah Online Piano Lessons Review By A Computer Science Student
Musiah Online Piano Lessons Review By An Adult Student
Musiah Online Piano Lessons Review By An Adult Student And Mac User
Musiah Online Piano Lessons Review By Mature Age Piano Student
Musiah Online Piano Lessons Review By Mum Of Three
Musiah Online Piano Lessons Review: Mature-Age Piano Student Sees Genius In Musiah
Musiah Piano Classes Online — A Mini Review
Musiah Piano Lessons Bring Father And Son Together Says Newest Musiah — From Mexico
Musiah Piano Tuition — A Candid Review By A Young Man from Melbourne
Musiah Review: Adult Piano Student From Virginia Weighs Up Musiah
Musiah Review Compares Musiah To Other Piano Lessons
Musiah Review: Learning Piano With Musiah Is Fun And Great Exercise For Brain
Musiah Review: Piano Lessons that “Totally Changed My Perspective” By An Adult Student
Online Piano Lessons Review By Adult Student Finds: "Musiah Is A Patient And Caring Teacher"
Piano Lessons Review: Melbourne School Teacher Evaluates Musiah
UK Software Engineer Gives Musiah’s Online Piano Lessons The Thumbs Up
Video: Musiah Online Piano Lessons Review By John Foreman Celebrity Music Maestro
Best Piano Lessons
Best Piano Lessons
Best Piano Method
Piano Lessons Or Keyboard Lessons — What Is The Difference?
Musiah's Online Piano Lessons
Best Free Piano Lessons — Why Learning Piano With Musiah Is Better Than Free Piano Lessons
Musiah Online Piano Lessons Brochure
Online Piano Lessons Software
Piano Lessons For Adults
Advanced Piano Lessons
Musiah Review By An Adult Student
Piano Lessons For Adults
Piano Lessons Videos
Video Demo: Musiah Piano Lessons Online
Video: Musiah Review By John Foreman Celebrity Music Maestro
Video: The Piano Teaching Method Behind Musiah's Piano Lessons
Video: The Musiah Story — Making Piano Lessons Fun
Videos: Students From The Musiah Piano Hall Of Fame
By: Brendan Hogan